Stephen A. Slusher
Stephen Slusher is experienced in both litigation and transactional IP matters in copyright, trademark, and patents. He earned a bachelor’s degree in liberal arts from St. John’s College in Santa Fe, and a J.D. cum laude from the University of New Mexico. He is licensed to practice in New Mexico, the United States District Court for the District of New Mexico, the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and the United States Supreme Court. He is also a Registered Patent Attorney.
University of New Mexico, J.D. cum laude, 1977
St. John’s College (Santa Fe), B.A. Liberal Arts, 1974
Selected Work Experience:
Peacock Law P.C., Albuquerque, NM
Of Counsel, January 1999-Present
Of Counsel and Registered Patent Attorney working in patent prosecution in biotechnology, genetics, pharmaceutical sciences, biochemistry, metrology systems and material sciences. Also handling patent, trademark, intellectual property litigation and licensing matters.
Palatin Technologies, Inc., Cranbury, NJ
In-House Counsel, May 1996-September 1996; Chief Legal Officer, July 2005-Present
In-house counsel of publicly-traded (NYSE MKT: PTN) development-stage biotechnology company. Responsible for Securities and Exchange Commission filings, securities law compliance, transactional agreements and patent prosecution.
Slusher/Associates LLC, Albuquerque, NM
Attorney, September 1996 – February 1999
Practice primarily limited to high technology and development-stage companies, including corporate finance, securities and intellectual property. Coordinated intellectual property portfolios with patent counsel, including patent preparation and office action responses. Prepared offering documentation and public company reports, including Securities and Exchange Commission filings.
RhoMed Incorporated, Albuquerque, NM
Executive Vice President, May 1986-June 1996
Executive Vice President, General Counsel and co-founder of biotechnology company developing diagnostic and therapeutic nuclear medicine drugs. Responsible for legal affairs and related functions, including intellectual property and securities law compliance, and corporate development.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Registered Patent Attorney No. 43,924
- Attorney, Licensed in New Mexico (1977)
- Member of United States District Court for the District of New Mexico (1977)
- Member of Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals (1977)
- Member of Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (2002)
- Member United States Supreme Court (2003)
Community & Professional Activities:
- TVC Advisor
- New Mexico Biotechnology & Biomedical Association, Member
- New Mexico Foundation for Human Enrichment, President
- MPower Citizen’s Advisory Board for New Mexico AIDS Services, Member
- Chair, Trenton Ethics Board
- Treasurer and Director, Artworks Trenton Inc.