IP Matters Posts by Justin
Justin R. Muehlmeyer
Justin is a Registered Patent Attorney practicing all aspects of intellectual property and litigation. Justin came to Peacock Law P.C. from the New Mexico Supreme Court, where for two years he practiced the art of legal writing and research as a judicial law clerk to Justice Charles Daniels. In law school at the University of New Mexico, Justin became known for his classical guitar skills and became the go-to musician for legal and court events around the State.
Inspired by a circle of family and friends who were business owners and scientists, Justin earned undergraduate degrees in Physics/Astrophysics and Philosophy of Economics (dual B.A.s), and now makes it his career to assist all creative types in generating value from their great ideas. Justin is licensed to practice law in the State of New Mexico and serves on the Board of the IP Section of the State Bar (for which he was elected as chair for 2018).
UNM School of Law, J.D. Cum Laude, 2013
University of New Mexico, B.A. Physics/Astrophysics, B.A. Philosophy of Economics, Cum Laude, 2010
Selected Work Experiences:
New Mexico Supreme Court, Santa Fe, NM
Judicial Law Clerk to Justice Charles Daniels, 2013-2015
Muehlmeyer P.C., CPAs, Albuquerque, NM
New Mexico Second Judicial District Court, Albuquerque, NM
Judicial Internship to Judge Alan Malott, 2011
Rio Grande Foundation, Albuquerque, NM
Political Analyst and Writer, 2010
Justin R. Muehlmeyer & Paul Gessing, Governor Richardson’s Positive Economic Legacy: New Mexico Personal Income Growth Shows Upward Prosperity Since 2003 Tax Cuts, THE RIO GRANDE FOUNDATION (2010).
- Registered U.S. Patent Attorney, No. 70,782
- Attorney, Licensed in New Mexico
- Member of United States District Court of the District of New Mexico
Boards & Professional Organizations:
- Board Member, IP Section of N.M. State Bar (2016-Present), Chair 2018;
- Director, Guitar New Mexico (2013- 2017)
- Director, Albuquerque International Association (2007-2010)
Honors & Awards:
- Judge Oliver Seth (U.S. Tenth Circuit) Award for Legal and Judicial Ethics, 2013
- CALI Awards (Top Grade) in Patent Law Fall 2011 and Regulation of Banking Fall 2012
- Natural Resources Journal, Board Manuscript Editor (2012-2013), Staff Citations Editor (2010-2012)
- Intellectual Property Moot Court, 2011 Giles Sutherland Rich Moot Court Competition
- UNM Presidential Scholar
Toward a New Age of Consumer Access Rights: Creating Space in the Public Accommodation for the LGBT Community, 19 CARDOZO J.L. & GENDER 781 (Spring 2013),(available at http://ssrn.com/author=2048831), cited in Griego v. Oliver, 2014-NMSC-003, 51 n.8, 316 P.3d 865.
Classical Spanish Guitarist (http://justinmuehlmeyer.bandcamp.com)