IP Matters Posts by Justin
Justin R. Muehlmeyer
Justin is a partner of Peacock Law P.C. and Registered Patent Attorney practicing all aspects of intellectual property and a broad array of commercial transactions, including licensing, acquisitions, and franchising. He is a member of the firm’s Aerospace and Outer Space Practice Group and Dental Practice Group, with many of Justin’s technology clients also being in the fields of electronics, energy, mechanics, and consumer products.
Justin came to Peacock Law in 2015 from the New Mexico Supreme Court, where for two years he served as an attorney judicial law clerk to Justice Charles Daniels, assisting with the Court’s role in resolving the State’s most complex legal issues. Justin currently serves as a co-chair of the Technology Transactions practice group of the National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms, whose goal is to encourage diversity and quality in the profession. On a local basis, Justin has served on the Board of the IP Section of the New Mexico State Bar for years, including as its chair, and directs the State Bar’s annual Pro Bono Intellectual Property Law Clinic. When Justin is not helping his clients generate value from their great ideas, he is either playing classical Spanish guitar (which he did semi-professionally for most his life), learning the drum set, taking a tango lesson, exhausting himself practicing Muay Thai or backpacking in a remote corner of the world with his wife.
UNM School of Law, J.D. Cum Laude, 2013
University of New Mexico, B.A. Physics/Astrophysics, B.A. Philosophy of Economics, Cum Laude, 2010
Selected Work Experiences:
New Mexico Supreme Court, Santa Fe, NM
Judicial Law Clerk to Justice Charles Daniels, 2013-2015
Muehlmeyer P.C., CPAs, Albuquerque, NM
New Mexico Second Judicial District Court, Albuquerque, NM
Judicial Internship to Judge Alan Malott, 2011
Rio Grande Foundation, Albuquerque, NM
Political Analyst and Writer, 2010
Justin R. Muehlmeyer & Paul Gessing, Governor Richardson’s Positive Economic Legacy: New Mexico Personal Income Growth Shows Upward Prosperity Since 2003 Tax Cuts, THE RIO GRANDE FOUNDATION (2010).
- Registered U.S. Patent Attorney, No. 70,782
- Attorney, Licensed in New Mexico
- Member of United States District Court of the District of New Mexico
Boards & Professional Organizations:
- Board Member, IP Section of N.M. State Bar (2016-Present), Chair 2018;
- Director, Guitar New Mexico (2013- 2017)
- Director, Albuquerque International Association (2007-2010)
- Licensing Executives Society (LES): Annual Meeting Planning Committee and Young Members Congress (2018-Present)
Honors & Awards:
- Judge Oliver Seth (U.S. Tenth Circuit) Award for Legal and Judicial Ethics, 2013
- CALI Awards (Top Grade) in Patent Law Fall 2011 and Regulation of Banking Fall 2012
- Natural Resources Journal, Board Manuscript Editor (2012-2013), Staff Citations Editor (2010-2012)
- Intellectual Property Moot Court, 2011 Giles Sutherland Rich Moot Court Competition
- UNM Presidential Scholar
Toward a New Age of Consumer Access Rights: Creating Space in the Public Accommodation for the LGBT Community, 19 CARDOZO J.L. & GENDER 781 (Spring 2013),(available at http://ssrn.com/author=2048831), cited in Griego v. Oliver, 2014-NMSC-003, 51 n.8, 316 P.3d 865.
Classical Spanish Guitarist (http://justinmuehlmeyer.bandcamp.com)