Janeen Vilven-Doggett, Ph.D.
IP Matters Posts by Janeen
Janeen Vilven-Doggett, Ph.D.
Janeen Vilven-Doggett, Ph.D., is a partner of Peacock Law P.C. specializing in patent prosecution in biotechnology, computer science, chemical and pharmaceutical sciences, genetics, medical devices, nanotechnology, and optics, and a member of the litigation team. She is a member of the firm’s Dental Practice Group and also handles patent, trademark and intellectual property, FDA counseling regarding medical devices, pharmaceutical applications, and product labeling requirements. She earned a J.D. cum laude from the University of New Mexico, a bachelor’s degree in biology from Baylor University, and a Ph.D. in Biomedical Sciences from the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center. She is licensed to practice in New Mexico, the United States District Court of the District of New Mexico, and the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, and is a Registered Patent Attorney.
University of New Mexico School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2001
University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Ph.D., Biomedical Sciences, 1997
Baylor University, B.A. Biology, 1986
Inventor Janeen Vilven-Doggett Issued Patents:
7,109,041 and 7,018,846
Selected Work Experience:
Peacock Law P.C., Albuquerque, NM, Partner
Registered Patent Attorney working in patent prosecution in biotechnology, computer science, chemical and pharmaceutical sciences, genetics, medical device, nanotechnology, and optics. Also handling patent, trademark, intellectual property litigation and licensing matters. FDA counseling regarding medical devices, pharmaceutical applications and product labeling requirements.
Roberts Abokhair & Mardula, LLC, Reston, VA and Corrales, NM
Attorney, February 2001-December 2004
Registered Patent Agent/Attorney working in patent, trademark, copyright and licensing matters, intellectual property audits, employment agreements, noncompete and confidentiality agreements, commercialization strategies, export practice and security clearance matters.
Rodey, Dickason, Sloan, Akin & Robb, P.A., Albuquerque, NM
Summer Associate/Registered Patent Agent, Summer 2000
Associate working in patent, trademark, and copyright matters.
University of New Mexico, Office of University Counsel, Albuquerque, NM
Clerkship, Summer 1999-December 1999
Working in patent infringement and patent assignment breach matters, patent docket management and government reporting in compliance with Bayh-Dole Act. Worked with University faculty to draft financial conflicts of interest management statement.
University of New Mexico Health Science Center, Department of Pathology
Graduate Student/Postdoctoral Fellow, 1991-1998
Developed screening system for non-cellular display of membrane bound protein/ligand interactions using FRET and fluorescent ligand-receptor interactions. Characterized chemokine receptors through mutation of receptor’s ligand-binding domains and complementary modifications in ligand structure. Responsible for compliance with human and animal subject research regulations, hazardous materials regulations and control of human biologics and radioactive materials.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Registered Patent Attorney, No. 47,156
- Attorney, Licensed in New Mexico
- Member of United States District Court of the District of New Mexico
- Member of Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Best Attorneys in New Mexico 2012
- New Mexico Business Weekly Who’s Who in Technology 2011
- Best Lawyers in America, Biotechnology Law (2010 – present)
- Ethics in Business Award 2009
- Quality of Life Employer Award 2009
Community & Professional Activities:
- NMBIO, Past President, Board of Directors, Secretary, 2002-Present
- Biotechnology Industry Organization, Technology Transfer Committee, member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- International Trademark Association, 2011-Present
- The Anderson School of Management Foundation, Board of Directors
- High Desert Discovery District (HD3), Board of Directors