Isaac Estrada is an attorney licensed to practice in New Mexico, and a Registered Patent Attorney. He handles patent, trademark, and other intellectual property matters for Peacock Law P.C. He holds a bachelor’s degree (Magna Cum Laude) in biological sciences from the University of Memphis, a master’s degree in biotechnology from Johns Hopkins University, and a J.D. from the University of New Mexico School of Law.
University of New Mexico School of Law, J.D. 2008
University of Memphis, B.S. Biological Sciences, Magna Cum Laude, 1999
Johns Hopkins University, M.S. Biotechnology, 2012
Selected Work Experience:
Peacock Law P.C., Albuquerque, NM
Registered Patent Attorney, 2010-Present
Registered Patent Attorney handling patent, trademark, trade secrets, copyrights, infringement and other intellectual property matters.
New Mexico Court of Appeals, Albuquerque, NM
Law Clerk for Judge Jonathan Sutin, August 2008 to August 2010
Review cases, analyze briefs, records, and legal authorities cited; perform substantive and technical editing of legal documents; assist in preparation for oral arguments; perform legal research and analysis; draft opinions, calendar notices, memoranda, and decisions.
Science and Technology Corporation @UNM, Albuquerque, NM
Senior Legal Intern, May 2006 to August 2008
Patent prosecution, patent searches, technology commercialization, marketing and licensing.
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, Albuquerque, NM
Senior Research Technician, August 2004 to August 2005, January 2006 to January 2008
Exceptional discovery of a strong and unknown interaction between a pro-apoptotic member of the Bcl-2 family of proteins and a stress chaperon. Conducted experiments to understand consequences of this interaction in apoptosis of lung epithelial cells through immunoprecipitations, western blotting, and viral transfections of cells.
Saint Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN
Senior Research Technician, April 2001 to July 2004
Experiments pertaining to stress response proteins’ interactions through immunoprecipitations, northern and western blotting, isotope cell labeling, and other techniques.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Registered Patent Attorney, No. 61,200
- Attorney, Licensed in New Mexico
- Lead Article Editor, Natural Resources Journal 2006-2008
- Giles Southerland Rich I.P. Moot Court 2008
- ABA/BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Intellectual Property 2008
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in the study of Patent and Trademark law
- WIPO Academy Certificates for Biotechnology and IP, and E-Commerce courses
- 2008 UNM Technology Business Plan Competition 3rd Place Winning Team
- Dean’s Award for Significant Contribution to the Law School Community 2008
- UNMSoL Honor Roll Spring 2006, Fall 2006, Spring 2007, and Fall 2008
- University of Memphis Adult Scholarship (merit), August 1998 to May 1999
- Houston Endowment Scholarship Recipient (merit), August 1995 to August 1997
- 1995-1996 Outstanding Academic Achievement Award from the University of Texas at El Paso
- University of Memphis Honors Program Certificate
English and Spanish